Psicontrol focuses on the design, development, production, and support of customized control systems with an emphasis on state-of-the-art human-machine interfaces, wireless communication technologies, and integrated systems. With production sites in Ieper (Belgium) and Râșnov (Romania), Psicontrol focuses mainly on industrial customers, for whom reliability is crucial. Consequently, it is nowadays a supplier to sectors including textile machinery, compressors, HVAC, and vending machines. Psicontrol is headquartered in Ieper (Belgium) and employs more than 500 people worldwide.
Psicontrol is part of Picanol Group, a business unit of Tessenderlo Group (Euronext: TESB). Tessenderlo Group is a global industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, machinery, mechanical engineering, electronics, energy, and industrial solutions for water management. At the heart of the strategy of Tessenderlo Group lies the conviction that “Every Molecule Counts”: in everything we do, we seek to further valorize our products and our processes, and to add value. For more information about Tessenderlo Group, please visit www.tessenderlo.com.
As an Electromechanical Designer at Psicontrol, you will join a team working exclusively on Picanol weaving machines.
- You will be responsible for the architecture and design of the control cabinet(s), motor control and protection, as well as all weaving machine wiring.
- You will also maintain contact (physical and digital) with suppliers, whom you will work with in a collegial manner when it comes to technical design information.
- You’ll be in close contact with your colleagues in the Picanol R&D department, to ensure you stay up-to-date during the design process. You will also keep your finger on the pulse in terms of practice, so you’ll be in touch with your colleagues in Assembly.
- After the necessary training course(s), you’ll help set up a new design process, which will mean you’re involved in both process and tool selection.
- A minimum requirement for this position is a solid (theoretical) knowledge of Electromechanics, gained via a master's degree and/or experience.
- Knowledge of packages such as Siemens NX and E-plan would be considered an advantage.
- We are looking for someone who enjoys being part of a team, can hold their own in terms of communication, and will shoulder responsibility for reviewing designs both critically and with an eye for detail.
- A solid dose of willpower, eagerness to learn, and ongoing technological curiosity is an absolute must. A rigorous path of learning about assembly, weaving, cabling & digitization awaits you!
An employer that’s an international company and a segment leader. We offer a clear training path, developed for you, adapted to your needs and ambitions, and monitored by your own training coach. And the freedom to elevate your position to the highest level.
As well as:
- Compensation according to experience
- Meal vouchers (EUR 8)
- Flexible working hours (ensuring a work-life balance is a very important concept for us)
- Up to 8 work-from-home days per month
- Up to 29 vacation days per year
- Great cafeteria plan with car and bike lease options, etc.
- CAO no. 90 bonus
- Group and hospitalization insurance
- Mental and physical health are key issues for us, as evidenced by the Picanol Group Strava Club and the large number of our colleagues who participate in the Mondi Run, the 100 km of Ieper, the Kemmelberg Trail, etc. But we also enjoy having some French fries and an afterwork drink on Fridays!
- And much more!